In principle, all students can apply, except those from the IMX and IB degree programmes, where a separate buddy programme is offered. However, you should have studied at Reutlingen University for at least one semester and have a good command of both German and English.
- New contacts with international as well as local students
- Certificate of commitment
- ECTS credits - recognition in many degree programmes
- Participation in joint events with the mentees
- Preparation for your own stay abroad
- Intercultural training
- Contacting mentees before arrival
- Being the contact person for questions
- Reception and meeting after arrival in Reutlingen
- Support in moving into the accommodation
- Tips for everyday life (e.g. public transport, etc.)
- Assistance in dealing with authorities (e.g. residents' registration office, health insurance etc.)
You automatically participate in the programme as an incoming exchange student. All new international Degree Seeking students in their first semester can also participate.
- Assistance before arrival and when moving into your accommodation
- Help with orientation on campus and in the city
- Participation in joint events with other international students and buddies
- Long-standing international friendships
- Assistance with administrative procedures (e.g. opening a bank account, etc.)
As an incoming exchange student, you will automatically participate in the programme and will be assigned a buddy in good time.
New International Degree Seeking Students: Please contact email@example.com for participation in the Students4students Buddy Programme at least three weeks before your arrival in Germany.