Admission to an undergraduate degree programme at our university requires one of the following qualifications:
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur)
- Subject-related higher education entrance qualification
- Advanced technical college entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
- Vocational qualification (e.g. master craftsman, business administrator, vocational training and corresponding work experience as well as aptitude test)
- Foreign educational certificates
- Other equivalent qualification
Some degree programmes may have additional admission criteria (e.g. subject-specific or artistic entrance examinations or special language skills). Therefore, find out early on which criteria apply to your desired degree programme. These are based on the respective admission regulations.
Yes! If you have completed a recognised advanced vocational training, such as a “Meister” (master craftsman diploma), or are a graduate of an equivalent professional training programme, you are qualified to apply for a Bachelor’s degree programme. You can also get a university entrance qualification for a subject-specific Bachelor's degree programme if you have completed at least 2 years of vocational training and have 3 years of work experience. To do so, you must pass an eligibility test and attend a consultation interview at the university.
If you are a German citizen and have obtained your "Abitur" in another country, and your place of residence is abroad and you wish to study in Baden-Wuerttemberg, your certificates can be recognised by the Regional Council in Stuttgart. If your place of residence is in another German federal state, your certificates can be recognised by the certificate recognition authority in your respective federal state. Applicants with other educational qualifications obtained abroad can use the anabin database to gain a first impression of whether their qualifications are approximately equivalent to qualifications awarded in the German educational system. Please note: long processing times are to be expected.
Applicants from China, India and Vietnam must include an original certificate from the Academic Examinations Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle APS) with their application. Please refer to your national representation for further information on requirements, the application process and important deadlines:
International applicants must have sufficient knowledge of German in order to be admitted to a degree programme. If the intended degree programme is taught exclusively in English, no proof of German is required. Please inform yourself in advance about the recognised language certificates and applicable exceptions.
Before you can begin your studies in Germany, please make sure you are aware of and meet any formal requirements. Do you need a student visa or a residence permit? What about (health) insurance? Are there any legal restrictions in case you want to take a student job whilst on a visa? If you have any questions about studying in Germany, please also contact the Reutlingen International Office.
The Central Student Advisory Service is the first point of contact for questions about studying at Reutlingen University. The ZSB team provides an overview of suitable study programmes, admission requirements, recognition of certificates and necessary language certificates. The ZSB can also help you if you are unable to provide any or only incomplete documents due to your flight situation. You will receive further information in a personal advice interview. To make an appointment, please contact the ZSB directly:
Refugees who are able to study have the opportunity to attend German courses at the Institute for Foreign Languages (IfF) as a guest student, provided there are places available. Prerequisites for participation are an approved application as a guest student and regular course attendance. If you have any questions, please contact the head of the Department of German as a Foreign Language and Intercultural Communication.
Building 3, R. 3-216
Tel. +49 7121 271 1007
The PROFI programme will start for the sixth time in the summer semester of 2023. The PROFI programme is a post-qualification programme at Reutlingen University for refugee academics who have previous knowledge or degrees in computer science or related courses of study. The aim of the programme is to support participants in their studies and to enable them to better integrate and have better opportunities in the labour market with the help of a German university degree. The programme is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Core contents of the programme:
- Creation of an individualised study & German programme
- Individual counselling & support
- Subject- & job-related coaching
- Flexible recognition procedure and the possibility to supplement and catch up on missing competences by means of digital learning materials
- Establishment and strengthening of a regional network of (labour market) relevant actors from the Reutlingen/Tübingen region
- Proof of German language level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Recognition of university entrance qualification
- Study achievements already obtained in the country of origin
Applications for the PROFI programme are possible on an ongoing basis. Please note the deadlines for the formal application to study at the university, which you must also submit. An application to participate in the PROFI programme does not include an application for a place at university! You can contact Melanie Bitzer by e-mail on an ongoing basis with the following application documents:
- Letter of motivation (please name the computer science programme you would like to apply for)
- Curriculum vitae (without gaps, signed)
- Copy of certificates (school, university)
- Recognition of university entrance qualification
- Proof of German language proficiency min. B2
- Copy of passport with note on current asylum status
If your application documents meet the requirements, you can officially apply for a place at Reutlingen University via the application portal.
- Application deadline for the winter semester: 15.07.
- Application deadline for the summer semester: 15.01
Melanie Bitzer, M.A.
Building 20, R. 20-015
Tel. +49 7121 271 1098
You can find more helpful information and offers about studying here: