Central Student Advisory Service (ZSB)
The Central Student Advisory Service (ZSB) is an independent service at Reutlingen University. Our staff supports you in deciding which path to take after school and making other important decisions before you begin your studies. They also help with any personal, social or financial concerns you may have throughout your studies. Counselling is voluntary, free of charge, confidential and anonymous upon request.
Do you have questions about studying in Reutlingen? We are happy to answer them in one of our open online consultations or in an individual counseling session. For appointments and further questions, please send us an email or give us a call!
School will soon be over and you still have no idea what to do afterwards? No problem! We support pupils and prospective students in their decision-making process and offer guidance on the following questions:
- What types of universities are there in Baden-Württemberg?
- What are the requirements for a degree programme?
- What does studying at Reutlingen University look like?
- Which degree programmes does Reutlingen University offer?
- How can I find the right degree programme for me?
- and many more
We are the first point of contact for the following questions:
- What is a sabbatical and how can I apply for one?
- What should I do if I have learning or exam anxiety?
- What is the mid-term exam?
- What happens if I lose my examination entitlement? What options do I have?
- How can I finance my studies?
- and much more
Reutlingen University offers various support options for refugee students. The Central Student Advisory Office also gives advice on the following questions:
- What are the study requirements?
- What do I do if necessary documents are no longer available due to my flight situation?
- What financing options are there?
- What language certificates do I have to provide in order to study?
- Where can I take a German language course?
- and much more
The Central Student Advisory Office provides open consultation hours, which you can attend without making an appointment. We look forward to seeing you!
- When? See all dates
- Where? Zoom | Meeting ID: 834 4265 9103; Code: 102187; Telephone dial-in (D): +49 69 3807 9883
- Depending on the demand, there may sometimes be a short waiting time. If we are already in conversation, please try again a few minutes later.
Our counselling is anonymous upon request.
If you prefer an in-person meeting, you can make an individual appointment with the ZSB.
The Reutlingen University fair team is regularly out and about in the region and beyond. Come by and learn more about our university in a personal conversation at the fair stand! Do you have specific questions about studying? The fair team will be happy to help you.
+++ We currently do not appear at study fairs. If you have any questions about studying, please contact the Central Student Advisory Office and the advisory services of the schools directly. You can find further information on the corresponding pages. +++
Unsure about what to do after school? Our online and in-person services will help you make up your mind about the following questions:
- What are my interests?
- What am I good at?
- What do I need to make a decision?
- How do I find a suitable course of study?
- How do I research information on requirements, application and what else I want to know?
- What has Reutlingen University to offer, and why should I study here?
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment.
Are you interested in studying at Reutlingen University, but still unsure whether the degree programme you have chosen is the right one for you? Then why not take advantage of the faculties' taster offers to get a taste of selected degree programmes or courses. There you have the opportunity to speak directly with students and professors and, if necessary, receive support from the Central Student Advisory Office.
Our trial offers
School of Sciences
On the annual "StudienINFO" and "Studientag", the School of Life Sciences opens its doors. Prospective students can take a look at the premises, including laboratories, and ask questions to current students. If you would like to attend a lecture outside of those days, you can make an appointment via the ZSB.
ESB Business School
Under the heading "Contact the study programme", individual study programmes at ESB Business School offer prospective students the opportunity to take part in everyday study life for a day as a "student for a day" and to accompany a student on campus. At "ask a student" you can also send questions directly by email to students of the International Business and International Management Double Degree programmes. You can find more information about the procedure and registration on the pages of the degree programmes:
- International Fashion Business
- International Operations and Logistics Management
- International Management Double Degree
- Production Management
School of Informatics
The School of Informatics offers the possibility to attend lectures, especially in the first semesters. You will get an impression of which basics are required and taught and can clarify the study options and requirements in a discussion with the ZSB. You can find an overview of which lectures you can attend here. Please register in advance by sending an email to the ZSB with your desired date and the desired course.
School of Engineering
The School of Engineering invites you to take a look at all the rooms and laboratories on the annual "StudienINFO" and "Studientag". You can experience first-hand what is taught and worked on in the degree programmes. You can also experience the degree programme "Industrial Engineering - International Project Engineering" as student for a day. If you would like to participate in a lecture outside of these days, you can make an appointment via the ZSB.
TEXOVERSUM School of Textiles
On several occasions during the semester, the TEXOVERSUM School of Textiles offers visitors a chance to attend introductory lectures or to accompany a student for a day as a "student for a day". As soon as the dates are fixed, they will be posted on the page of the respective degree programme:
We offer the following workshops:
- Entering the world of higher education
- University scout
- Midterm exam
In addition to the ZSB, the StudentServiceCenter (StudienServiceCenter) also provides support with organisational questions about studying. If you have specific questions about individual degree programmes, you can also contact the student advisory service at the respective school. You can find their contact details here: