ALT + + Schriftgröße anpassen
ALT + / Kontrast anpassen
ALT + M Hauptnavigation
ALT + W Fakultät wählen
ALT + K Home Menü
ALT + Ü Zweite Navigation
ALT + G Bildwechsel
ALT + S Übersicht
ALT + P Funktionsleiste
ALT + I Studieninteressierte
ALT + N Linke Navigation
ALT + C Inhalt
ALT + Q Quicklinks
ESC Alles zurücksetzen
A - keyboard accessible X


You have received your acceptance letter and you are about to enrol at Reutlingen University? Congratulations!

So, what do you have to do? We've made a list of some of the most important points to help you out:


There are several student dormitories in Reutlingen. Places are very much in demand and early registration is recommended for all of the dormitories available.

Reutlingen University also offers a private accommodation service.

Further information on the topic of "accomodation" as well as links to student dormitories and the portal for finding rooms and apartments can be found here.

Blocked bank account

As an international student, you may have to open a so-called blocked account before your arrival. This is often a prerequisite for applying for a visa or residence permit in Germany. This allows you to prove that you have adequate financial resources in the visa application process.

The Federal Foreign Office will give you detailed information on where you can open a blocked account and what you need to be aware of when doing so.

Buddy programme "Students4students"

Studying at a university in a foreign country can seem quite daunting at first. However, our "Students4Students" programme helps to make your start at Reutlingen University even easier.

Students4Students are Reutlingen University students who give advice and support to international students during their first semester. Therefore, right from the word go, you will have students on hand who can help you get to know the ropes of university life and to quickly feel at home. They can also give you lots of tips about what to do in your free time!

Register right now for our "Students4Students" programme! 

Costs / Funding

International students may have to pay fees to study at Reutlingen University.

Information on tuition fees can be found here.

Basically, no financial support is provided by Reutlingen University. All financial matters, including the approval of scholarship grants, must be organised by the students themselves.

The homepage of the  German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (Deutscher Akademischer Auslandsdienst) provides an overview of the scholarships offered by the DAAD as well as other organisations supporting international students studying in Germany over a period of time.


Have you received your letter of acceptance? Congratulations, then you can soon start your studies! The next big step is enrolment. You can find out how to do this here.

Health Insurance

Anyone who wishes to study in Germany must have health insurance for the entire period of their studies. In Germany, there are two ways to get health insurance: either via the state insurance scheme or with a private insurance company.
Before enrolling at the university, every student must contact the respective insurance company in order to obtain either a certificate of health insurance or a certificate of exemption. Without either of these, it is not possible to enrol at the university. For students aged 30 and over, a certificate of health insurance is not necessary.

Recognition of foreign health insurance from an EU-country
There are health and social security agreements between Germany and certain countries (EU and EEA states). If you have state health insurance in your home country, you can get this recognised by a state health insurance company in Germany. For students from EU states, this is generally by means of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

Extensive information on health insurance can be found on the website of the central health insurance office in Germany (Krankenkassenzentrale).

Travelling to Reutlingen

You can find detailed information about your journey here.

You can also use the Deutsche Bahn website to find all the latest information on train services and departure times here.


International students need a student visa before they can begin a degree programme in Germany (this does not apply to applicants from EU or EEA states). This must be applied for at the relevant consulate or embassy before travelling to Germany.

Residence permits
International students who are not citizens of a member state of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland need a residence permit for the duration of their studies in Germany. The authority responsible is the Foreigners' Office (Ausländerbehörde) in your town of residence in Germany.

Chat IconChat Icon